Friday, April 9, 2010

Weight loss.........

Why does losing weight have to be so hard? You want it bad enough, give up certain things or at least cut back on most and it is still the slowest process I can think of. 2 years ago I joined weight watchers, which was the best think I ever did. The first 40 pounds came off in a snap it went quickly, I guess I became to confident, cause the last 20 pounds are not budging. 20 POUNDS that is all. Every week I find my self once again re-evaluating.....what can I do differently to let me get to my goal. I have come to terms with the fact that it isn't going to be quick BUT something, a little drop on the scale, just to help me build up my motivation would be nice. This is apart of my life now....I am not giving up, I have come so far and dropped pant sizes that I never thought possible....and some time I will lose that 20 last pounds....someday.....I know I should set some sort of goal to reach that but every "little" goal I set, well, I haven't met, not from not trying believe me I exercise more then I EVER have in my whole life but from that scale getting stuck. So here is my short list of things I need to work on so I can reach my first "small" goal. I am not going to put a date to that goal though because I don't want to be disappointed.
1- 5 days a week of exercising, I already do 4 days for 50-60 minutes one more day won't
hurt....5K here I come.
2- 100 sit-ups 5 days a week. Morning or night 100!
3-Healthy guidelines. I don't get all the healthy guidelines Weight Watchers has out there....I try but every day I fall short.
4- Track EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth even the BLT's
5- Don't be so hard on myself, I have lost 40 pounds, I can do 20 more.
That is my list. This already has A LOT for me to work on. Wish me luck!!!!

3 comments:

Jacki said...

don't be so hard on yourself. set small goals. don't think about it as 20 lbs you need to lose, think about losing 5 lbs at a time.
i am in the same boat as you. the scale is not budging. its a up and down rollercoaster trying to lose these last 20-30 pounds.
like you.....i'm not giving up!
your doing awesome!

p.s. i'm SO excited for the 5k in June. :)

The Kropf Family said...

I think you've done great Bethie and you look great too. I wish I could get rid of my squishy stomach but it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. I have decided not to focus on losing weight when I exercise because it doesn't happen. As long as I keep the focus on being healthy, then I have the motivation to keep going because I don't get frustrated because it's not working. I think it's awesome that you're doing a 5K. good luck!

Carly said...

i like the last one the best- don't be so hard on yourself. as everyone has said, you have done great, you have come so far, and you have developed healthy habits which is what matters. (although i know it sucks when you're doing all that and the scale doesn't drop). hang in there!